Thursday, May 12, 2005

May The Force Be With You...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
WARNING: DON'T READ ON IF YOU WANT TO SEE
STAR WARS EPISODE III: REVENGE OF THE SITH
(contains snippets of what will happen in the show!)
My boss called me earlier this morning and said that he had scored passes for us to go see a private screening of Star Wars Epidode III: Revenge of The Sith. I have to admit that I am not a big fan of Star Wars but since I had nothing much to do in the morning and it was supposedly 'the most anticipated movie of the year' and since my whole office has gone Star Wars mad... might as well go. So I went to midvalley and was happy to note that the wonderful ppl provided us with popcorn and drinks during the movie. The shite part was the air con which was not really on high enough.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

So the movie started... and then it ended. What do I think about it? Well, I loved it. I really did. I think it is one of the best movies I have seen this year. So much fighting and gore and blasting of ships - Hoorah! (Gawd I sound a tad bit sadistic, huh?) There were a few chessy scenes which could have been removed like the part where Padme goes "Hold me anni... like you did before...!" Being a lover of romance and all things sappy, I somehow think that this wonderful display of lurvvveee should have been eliminated! YES you heard me right!!! and the whole part where Anakin and Obi Wan exchange "may the force be with you" jibes are just super cheesy.

Besides these minor "cheesiness", it was awesome. I loved the monitor lizard creature that Obi Wan rode. It was cute and made cute sounds too... I wonder what it feels like to ride one of those things. And some of the aliens were just UGLY!!! Yucks... I love Yoda still cos he is like super cute and though he looks a tad old, I think there is just something about him (sounds like I am descirbing a crush!) I wanted to kill Anakin though the arsehole - he went to the dark side "for love" apparently... BULLSHITE!!! He just wanted more power, that arse. Gawd I hate him!!! Destroying everything and kiling all the childings. Ish Ish... he is evil!!! Obi Wan was just wonderful throughout the movie and you know what... I learnt something form the movie... really I did. You might think me alittle ditzy and all but really this whole movie is about revenge, power and about being influenced.

I think that everyone has choices and we can control the thigns that we do or don't do - the battle within us can be fought and won by us if we are strong enough. Who they want to listen to, how they want to act, what they want to do and etc. Ultimately, everything that happens is our fault and will eventually make us or break us. We also should be aware of the people that are around us. Are they the ones that are making us walk down the wrong path? Are they telling us to do things which are wrong? Are they just feeding our egos to get what they want in the end? Are we too blind to see that? Or are they people who build us up, who teach us right from wrong and know what's best for us? Are they people who have good values and who through their good examples we will be influenced to do good as well? Choices...

I was dissappointed in Padme, though I think at times in my life I can relate to her. She was in love with dear Anakin and had his kids. She only thought the best of him and worried about him when he went on his missions always there to greet him when he got home. Yet when the truth was revealed and she came face to face with the evil Anakin and she just couldn't face the facts and see what he had become and accept it. (Trust me I know how it feels like to know that the one you love has a few shitty things under his sleeve!) She gave birth to the twins and though there was nothing wrong with her, just decided to give up and die. But it was so selfish of her, leaving the twins alone. (this is just my miserable opinion!) She could have learnt from this lesson and become stronger through this whole ordeal and she could have learnt how to fight and gone to kill the arsehole Darth Vader a.k.a Evil Anakin.

Gawd... I also nearly cried when they started killing all the Jedi masters. It was just sad and emotional. The soundtrack was excellant and it actually gave the breath to the movie. John Williams is a genuis I say! Anyways, I will be watching it again with the Possum who is still pissed that I watched it without him and so early too... "Hehehehe". Anyways I cant wait to get the whole collection so I can have a movie marathon thingy. GAWD... such a nerd!!! hehehe... =)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i just wanna say thanks for puttin up there in the header a warnin that your post will contain snippets of the movie. i wouldda killed you okkkk

Unknown said...

i just got home after watching Start Wars III... i must say, i had higher expectations for the movie... was a bit disappointed... but i loved the transformation from good anakin to bad vader... i guess the transformation actually began in the 2nd episode... *sigh* no more Star Wars...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...