Monday, January 24, 2005

The Return of Betty Crocker!

Perhaps it was all the cooking shows I watched on Astros Travel and Living… or maybe it was the desire to prove to myself and my friends that I could cook. So, I tried to cook again today with the hopes that it might yield something better today. My sudden burst of cookery inspiration, which I received out of the blue, lasted a good 5 minutes
Here’s what happened.


After refilling through my kitchen cabinets to look for food to use, I realized that there was a pack of instant fettuccine/pasta type mix. All you needed to do was add milk, water, butter and meat. Not that difficult right? So I got out all the stuff, measured all the ingredients out and started cooking. When the pasta thingy was simmering in the pan, I realized it looked funky… why? It was brown in color. Brown… a sick brown to be exact and the smell was bad. I looked at the instructions and everything was done as it was said.

So what went wrong? Well the expiration date was wrong. It had expired about a year and 5 months ago – thus explaining the color and the smell. However the picture didn’t depict a creamy or tomato based mix; it was the same brownish color though with the lighting it looked slightly better. I decided to allow the brownish mush cook a little longer and when all was said and done, I tried some. It tasted like crap sadly and I was left with no lunch and a whole lot of washing up to do.

Yeah, so much for the return of Betty Crocker… In the end I had instant sausages – popped them into the oven and ate them in front of the telly whilst watching “Dynasty: behind the sex, lies and manipulation”… yeah didn’t have much to do today. So yeah, at least I tried to cook… but nah… next time I will just walk out to tapau something or just starve – good and effective way to diet anyhow. *grin*

1 comment:

Jin said...

Lol....

oh my god... anyways keep up the spirit...

Take it slow. For you to know, my cooking is worst...

It takes me a hell of mess, to just get my food done. I hate washing... who does...

Sorry again just wanted to add a comment here... lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...