Saturday, April 09, 2005

Tra La La La La......

I shouldn't be actually blogging right now as the mountain of work that I have left to pile up is steadily increasing and try as I might to pretend to it is not there, I can't block out its annoying voice going "Finish us Please!!!" "Finish us Please!!!" Arghhhh... I look at them and they look so pleased with themseleves that they have succeeded in annoyed me, its like they won a medal or something. So, what did I do? I flung my blankie on the sickening mountain of work and ran down the stairs and now here I am... happily typing whilst I munch my lunch BET (Bacon, Egg and Tomato) sandwich.

So yeah... I shouldn't be blogging right now, but I just had to write about yesterday. Well the morning was pretty dull and the afternoon saw me frantically doing this stupid stupid assignment (which I have yet to put the finishing touches on...) and as for the evening and night, thats when the fun began. The Possum picked me up and we headed to 1Utama for pasta at Italiannis. We had to wait awhile for all our friends to get there and when everyone finally arrived (there were 6 of us), we started to order our meal.

The Yum Yum food started arriving. I had the Classic Cabonara and a Fuzzy Navel and a couple of red wines (the waiter was surprisingly attentive to our needs - nice fellow). After the meal, during which we laughed a lot and talked about alot of stuff, namely our friend Rina (only good things dear) and laughed some more. The three of us, the Possum, myself and TT were made to stand on the chairs whilst the Italianis crew sang their rendition of Happy Birthdays to us and yeah... we all laughed some more. Now that I think of it I am not sure what was so amusing... hehehe...

Then came the 3 slices of Cheesecake with Strawberry Sauce which was FREE and of course was yum yum. They were huge slices and I and the Possum couldnt' finish our cake and whats more, Nic decided to order a slice of Tiramisu as it came highly recommended by Rina. So there we sat eating cake and drinking wine, talking and lauging somemore and it came as no surprise that we were the 2nd last table to pay the bill and leave (it was a Whopping BIG bill) but we didn't care and were happily snapping photos all the way to our cars, along with more laughter (big surprise there!) Had to keep deleting my photos as there was not enough memory on my camera but soon... soon, I will post them pics. (Crosses fingers behind back.)

After 1Utama, we piled into the Possums car and headed down to Waikiki which is my all time favorite place to go (Possum rolls his eyes), though no one understands why. We managed to get a good view of the dance floor and of Bala, the lil sexy indian man who sings real good. =) Yeah, he is the main reason why I just love Waikiki. Anyways, there we all were sitting around the table and singing along with the songs and having a jolly good time, laughing. At a particular Bonnie M song (Brown Girl in the Rain), I decide to sing along as well. It just so happened that I went alittle too soprana and alittle too loud which made Bala stop playing and look at me, my friends to gasp and look at me and everyone who heard to look at me as well. Basically everyone was looking at me... GAWD!!! The shame... wanted to crawl under the table, but realized it wouldn't have mattered. So there I was blushing furiously whilst Bala was like "Wooo... abit soprano right?" GAWD!!! Die somemore... but oh well... he continued singing and everyone forgot about the incident after awhile and its not like I dont' embaress myself often anyways, So it wasn't that big a deal!

After Waikiki and Bala's husky voice *shiver*, we went to Possums house to collect the other cars and as we passed the old school asrama, we fondly remembered the story about the asrama girls and I. We all cracked up laughing again. And thanks to the Possum we will never hear Kylie's "Chocolate" the same way again (more laughter). Yeah... was a good night for laughing and more laughing and even more laughing... my jaw actaully hurt.

I think it was the best dinner we had all had together. Sadly though that some of our extended group could not be there... oh well... maybe next time, yeah? It was one of those nights where you try to remember everything in detail so that you wouldnt' miss a thing. From the smells and tastes of the food and wine, the things we talked and joked about and of course the laughter that we shared and just the plain good old fun that we had. This time, dinner just seemed different, can't really put it into words. Perhaps it was one of those times where pressures of work and college and the like were left outside and we were blessed that everything seemed to be 'just right' that night.

CHEERS you guys. It was a wonderful night, may there be many more nights like this to come...
p.s: Thanks Possum for footing the bill too *hugs*

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...