Monday, January 02, 2012

OLW class

Happy New Year everyone!!! *smiles*

I know I talked about this earlier, but I just wanted to share {again} about the One Little Word {OLW} project that Ali Edwards is running. I read through the class summary and it sounds awesome. Am seriously considering joining it... {anyone wants to join with me?}. If you have not read my earlier post, my OLW for 2012 is "Explore". 



Anyways, I have pasted below the introduction to OLW and about what the class is about for your reading pleasure. If you feel like it, have a think and come up with your OLW and share it with me. I would love to hear it. Till then, enjoy the new year holiday ~ its going to be awesome *grins*


A single word can be a powerful thing. It can be the ripple in the pond that changes everything. It can be sharp and biting or rich and soft and slow. From my own personal experience, it can be a catalyst for enriching your life.

In 2006, I began a tradition of choosing one word for myself each January - a word that I can focus on, meditate on, and reflect upon as I go about my daily life. My words have included play, peace, vitality, nurture, light, and story. These words have each become a part of my life in one way or another. They've been imbedded into who I am, and into who I'm becoming. They've been what I've needed (and didn't know I needed). They've helped me to breathe deeper, to see clearer, and to grow.

CHOOSING YOUR WORD
Can you identify a single word that sums up what you want for yourself in 2012? It can be something tangible or intangible. It could be a thought, or a feeling, or an emotion. It can be singular or plural. The key is to find something that has personal meaning for you. This is not your mother's word or your spouse's word or your child's word - this is YOUR word.

One little word can have big meaning in your life if you allow yourself to be open to the possibilities. And here's one thing that is totally interesting: sometimes a word will pop into your brain and it will not make any sense to you right now. Give it some time. Let it percolate a bit. I have often found that our hearts speak to us in very unique ways. Maybe this is a word you need to hear but just aren't ready for it yet.

Again, be open to the possibilities.

THE PROJECT
Last year I decided I wanted to do something even more tangible with my One Little Word. I've found that, just like a resolution, it's easy to lose sight of the things you set forward to embark on as regular life gets busy throughout the course of the year. To combat this I plan to bring my word into my life more consciously and concretely and make it more visible by creating an album to hold my thoughts, challenges and inspirations.

You're invited to join me on this journey.

Each month you'll receive an email and an invitation to visit the One Little Word classroom. Inside the classroom, you'll find a gentle reminder message, encouragement to refocus, and a simple creative or writing project to complete, related to your word. At the end of the year you'll have an album that celebrates and honors your word - making it that much more concrete and visible in your life.

For 2012 I will be using the same monthly prompts as 2011 as the foundation for my album. All the class content will be updated for the new year, new words and supply list adjustments: supply list, video presentations, handouts, images, etc. The prompts and themes will be the same but we will each approach them in new ways with our new words.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...