Monday, May 21, 2012

She Watches: Dark Shadows (2012)


'Dark Shadows' according to IMDB is, "An imprisoned vampire, Barnabas Collins, is set free and returns to his ancestral home, where his dysfunctional descendants are in need of his protection." It's a little bit more than that but that aptly sums it up.


When I first saw the trailer for 'Dark Shadows' I was super excited. After all, I enjoyed most of Tim Burton's movies and they always had some magic vibe to it and some clever fun lines thrown in for good measure too. Plus there is Johnny Depp which is always a plus although he can be quite a strange one. 


Like B sometimes says... some trailers are better than the actual movie and sadly 'Dark Shadows' is one of them. The trailer made me quiver with anticipation, however yesterday when we went to watch 'Dark Shadows' with our friends, I felt that the movie did not quite meet my expectations. There were of course good parts, witty dialog, dark bits, funny bits and the like but mostly the story line and execution kinda wasn't as nice as I thought it would be {me being quite polite}. Oh well... there are always other Tim Burton movies that I would probably enjoy more *smiles* but sadly 'Dark Shadows' ain't one of them. 


NEW Watch it only if: You were a die hard Johnny Depp fan, Tim Burton fan {just so you can tell people you watched ALL of his films ever} or if you have nothing to do or all the other movies at the cinema were full.


NEW... Star rating from DW: 2.5 stars out of 5 stars for 'Dark Shadows'.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...