Monday, January 24, 2011

Teacup Piggies

B and I were in slightly early this morning to office but was unable to have breakfast together {yes, we work in the same conglomerate but in very different departments - I work in Corporate Communications & PR and he sells bonds}, so I was fortunate to have some 'me' time in the office with my sardine sandwich {thanks, mum} and a hot chocolate drink from the pantry. It's always lovely to start the day with calm and 'alone time' - in my case, reading blogs and surfing the interweb for fun and interesting, less work related stuff, I mean, I have the whole day for that right?

Anyways, the Chinese New Year is around the corner and I have been hearing lamenting from many people {myself and B included} that we have not done any preparations yet and how true that is. It's lucky that I am on quite a long break {about 10 days if you count the weekends} and will be able to do some much needed spring cleaning {die, dust animals. die!} and possibly, hopefully a spot of baking as well.

Chinese New Year of late have been good celebrations. I have valued being with my family and relatives more and have enjoyed this togetherness that we have. Poker games, Black Jack and all manner of gambling during this festive period has also increased and I hope that this year there will be a poker tournament as it has been awhile since we had one. I am looking forward to the good food and the cookies, the laughter and the fun and the oranges and angpaus {red packets with money}. Hopefully, there will be photos to show what Chinese New Year looks like here in good old Malaysia.

It's off to work for me now. I hope all of you will have a good Monday and a great start to the new week. Dear God, bless my family, my relatives, my friends and all the readers of this blog. May they have an awesome week ahead. Amen.


Remember: "Hoarding & Collecting is not a crime. It is an art!"
Today: Let's all have a cup of tea or a nice warm drink!


Seen @ US News One


P.S: How cute is this tea cup pig? I would love to have one so that I could tote around *grin* Alas, I live in a Muslim country and I have to respect that not everyone views pigs favourably here and besides, I doubt Belle would be too happy to have a little piggy running around. Btw, this little piggies aren't cheap either but omg, they are so adorable *oink oink*
Read more about these cuties here and here.




Seen @ 43 Things

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...