Monday, January 10, 2011

the 2nd weekend


The 2nd weekend of the 2011 passed by in a whirlwind of activities. B and I managed to get some of the chores out of the way, namely meeting a contractor for our kitchen cabinets and our wardrobe {we finally decided to do the walk-in closet with no door concepts}, sorted out the grills issue {we are big on grills in Malaysia - can't live without them and locks. Heaps of locks} and some other odds and ends. "Project Love Nest" is going to start in a couple of days and I am excited though not at the prospect of dishing out the cash at the end of the day!


We still have to decide if we want to put mirrors or have a wall with wall paper and photos and stuff {will post up photos to illustrate what I mean soon} with the main concern being the cost of how much it would be for both ideas. Am hoping that the costs for these little bits of inspiration and character will not cost too much to execute *crosses fingers and toes*


Spending time with B's family was the order of the week as well since we attended a wedding for B's cousin. I was the lector and did a reading {I reckon I read quite well *pats self on back*} which is actually one of my favourite readings taken from the letter of St Paul to the Colossians (3:12-17):


"As God's chosen race, His saints; He loves you, and you should be clothed in sincere  compassion, in kindness and humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with one another; forgive each other as soon as a quarrel begins. The Lord has forgiven you; now you must do the same. 


Over all these clothes, to keep them together, put on love. And may the peace of Christ reign in your hearts, because it is for this that you were called together as parts of one body. Always be thankful.


Let the message of Christ in all its richness, find a home with you. Teach each other, and advise each other, in all wisdom. With gratitude in your hearts sing psalms and inspired songs to God; and never say or do anything except in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him."


I love this passage because it has a number of essential ingredients for a perfect marriage *smiles* I am also at home today as I am down with the flues. B decided to take half day off work to be with me in my misery but he isn't feeling well too. We both went to the doctors earlier today. Am not tapping away on the laptop feeling slightly better but still groggy from all the meds I consumed. I would like to lie in bed while someone massages me *bliss*


An old  friend of B's and mine, G, is apparently back in town {for good or for a holidays, I am not quite certain} but it would be so good to see him. I hope that he will realise that all of us have changed and that we are not quite the same people we were before he left. Anyways, I best catch up on some sleep and hopefully I will get better very very soon.


Remember: "Hoarding & Collecting is not a crime. It is an art!"

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...