Saturday, July 24, 2004

History and Computers..

It has been awhile since I last wrote. I can't help but feel as if the days are too fast paced, like I am on a really fast merry-go-round and I see the world around me in such a blur. There are so many things that I do each day (most of the days) and I think that it is good that I am on my feet and moving, but I hardly seem to have time to do the things that I like to do, like writing for one. Its sad but it sort of seems that I have no inspiration to write anymore. This could be due to the fact that my computers hard disk got wiped out and thus wiping out all the things I have ever wrote, plus the soft copy of my compiliations of poems and others. How stupid of me to not make copies, but heck.. there isn't anything that I can do about it now is there?
 
My old ancient computer, like an empty shell sits where it has been for the past six years and I can't help but be annoyed at it simply because I don't have a connection with it anymore. It saddens me when I on the power to know that there is nothing in it that was MINE anymore. Hours spent labouring over the size and layouts of my compilations, the hours downloading my clipart and pictures of cuddley cute animals, the experimental stories and articles that I tried to write, the 100's of photos I have kept on the PC.. gone.. like a mist at dawn..
 
At times I dont' feel sad about it, actually some sick part of me is glad that I get to start all over again.. A clean sparkly sheet to write on all over again.. but when I think back to all I have lost, I feel empty and tired of trying and starting all over again. Sorry for whining so much about something which seems to trivial, but this is the only place where I can vent. When I bitch about it to my friends, it only takes up a good 5 minutes and after that the topic inevidently turns to things like boys, men and etc. So yeah.. venting here is the only place left other than my normal journal but writing in my neat handwriting at times tests my patience so.. its like the words are following from my mind, but my hands take ages to pour them forth.. btw.. for those of you who don't know, I really have nice handwriting.  (seriously - I pride myself at that. One of the only things I know that I can do - how sad though when I think about it; Proud over ones handwriting)
 
I am at Possums house, thats why I am able to write (as my connection at home has failed me along with my stupid hard disk - ok ok, I will stop bitchin about it) till kingdom come. Alone in the dark except for the eerie glow of our fish tank, I am starting to feel slightly hungry though it was a few hours ago that we went to Malacca and did the toursit thing for awhile and stuffed our faces with food. (ahhh.. heavenly food) Possums sister and I actually sat in a trishaw which I have to saw was really gordily decorated, but the driver was really friendly and I felt just really all tourisy and felt that I contributed to the economy of the tourist industry (I have no idea what I am going on about but felt like it was a clever thing to say - hehehe). The food was nice and the place was good. Took a few photos and hopefully if one day I am ever able to figure thisuploding the photo thing, you wonderful people (hope there are some) who follow this pitiful blog of mine will be able to see the wonderful things I saw. I LOVE MALAYSIA!!!
 
Gotta go now, Possums mum says it is feeding time. Will write more when I can. Thanks for the comments, and encouragement to write more and etc.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...