Monday, November 22, 2010

Bali Adventure #11 - Kecak Dance @ Uluwatu

The Kecak Dance @ Uluwatu was something that I had been looking forward too. We were fortunate to have almost ring side seats in the very full arena type area, so do go early to nab a seat. The dance had already started when we had finally settled ourselves in and I did not get the chance to fully read the story about the Kecak dance. So, I decided to just sit back, relax and enjoy the show instead of squinting to read the printed sheet of paper that talked about the Kecak dance.

To be honest, I didn't quite get the story and didn't want to come asking B what it all meant. So, if you would like to know more about the Kecak dance before seeing it, visit the following sites: Kecak @ Wikipedia and Kecak Dance. I did enjoy myself though the chanting and the masks and costumes were slightly scary to me. A child cried and had to be taken away for awhile to be calmed and NO. I did not cry nor have to be calmed. I took a video of the dance but for some reason couldn't upload it, but I am sure that youtube has plenty of  vids on this. Anyways, do enjoy my photos - happy Monday!













No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...