Tuesday, April 02, 2013

He is Risen!


I love what Pope Francis shared during the Easter vigil service in St. Peter's: Do not to be afraid of God’s surprises, never lose confidence during the trials and tribulations of daily life, and, if you strayed, do let God back into your lives... be confident that God is close to you, that He is with you and He will give you the peace you are looking for and the strength to live as He would have you do.

This words of encouragement and hope resonates within me as does the works of this new Pope. To be honest, I a born Catholic never really connected with a Pope until now. Since he was elected as the new Pope, Pope Francis' words and deeds have struck a chord within me. I pray that he will be strong enough to overcome the forces of darkness and the many obstacles that is the world and that surrounds the Catholic church. For once I earnestly pray that he will have the wisdom, the discernment and the courage to do what is needed. I pray that the world will come to know our religion as a religion of peace and forgiveness and not one that is marred by scandal. I pray for his health and his way, that it be lit by God's goodness and grace.


Yes, He is indeed risen!
Let us rejoice and be glad.
Happy {belated} Easter friends.

You can read Pope Francis' full homily here
Image seen here

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...