Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Night Song

'Just Around the Corner' by Leland Jacobs (illustration by John E. Johnson) is a children’s book about the changing seasons.I read about this book on Molly’s blog (I heart her blog) and enjoyed this simple excerpt.

It reminded me about my own childhood books with lovely illustrations and hard covers. I remember the way the words would absorb into me and fill me with such delight. I would read them over and over again and scenes of the story would unfold in my mind.

I miss the simplicity of those days.
I miss the innocence, carefree joy and the seemingly long days of playing with toys, reading books, park adventures and riding bikes.

I can only pray that my future children will enjoy these simple joys that I had once upon a time.

Night Song
When the sun has set and night has come,
The insect chorus starts to hum.
And nothing else is there to hear,
but the insect voices soft and clear.
The insects hum in sweet delight,
singing their praises of the night.

Excerpt by Leland Jacobs

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...