Sunday, July 28, 2013

He Provides.

So I say to you: Ask, and it will be given to you; search, and you will find; knock, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; everyone who searches finds; everyone who knocks will have the door opened." - Luke 11:9-10

Today's Gospel reading at mass {Luke 11:1-13} is a reading that I have read numerous times in many stages of my life and yet, each time I read it or hear it as part of a sermon or a conversation, the message changes for me. 

As I listened to the Priest share his homily this morning, I am reminded yet again that God provides and really, how amazing is it that this message comes to me two weeks in a row {last week a lady offered me two candles to light and so very randomly told me that God provides}. Surely God must be telling me, "Hi JW, I got this. Trust in me. I will provide. All you need to do is ask." 

It it foolish to think that all I want is going to miraculously appear on my doorstep tomorrow and I know that a lot of my prayers may go unanswered, but what the Priest shared rings true to my dulled ears that needed a reminder... that sometimes God answers your prayers in ways that you do not expect and that He always provides you what you need, when you need it. And how true that is. I with my human eyes and my limited understanding cannot fathom the design and work of His hands... His plan for me.

So I paused for awhile today and took a quick glimpse through my life... at all my wants that have been rejected, all the disappointments faced and all the trials endured and I realized that these things have only built me up, made me stronger, made me more compassionate, made me see things with new eyes and above all to realize yet again how infinitely blessed I am. 

I thank God that I have such strong support from my family, from my husband and best friend, from my two sisters of my heart, from my friends and even my colleagues. I thank God that I have the ability to make people laugh and put a smile on their faces. To be a part of a team. To be part of a loving and large family. To own a small happy business {who would have thought!}. To have traveled. To have a roof over my head and comfortable bed to sleep in at night. To have so many wonderful moments in life. To have loved. To really just be just me with all my flaws and good bits. How we take all this for granted sometimes...

...and oh, how happy and infinitely blessed I am.

So I ask of you today dear God, for blessings on those around me, that their burdens lessen, that their health increases, that they have more smiles and less tears, that their hearts be at peace, that they be given their daily bread, that they find people to love them as they should be loved, that they are kept warm, that they have shelter, that they have a hat to hold,  that they receive hugs when they are down, that they always have someone to listen to them and care for them, that their journey in life be filled with wonderful memories, that they find joy in their lives and that the empty void in their lives be filled with Your peace and love. 

...and oh what peace and love it is. What a friend we have in you. 
Thank you for providing me all that I need and so much more.

Oh how happy and infinitely blessed I am.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...