Tuesday, March 31, 2009

B. D. Gulledge

B. D. Gulledge:
I used to sit on the banks with a raft and watch the water roll lazily by.

One day I pushed my raft into the shallows of the water and found the water moved swifter than I thought.

My raft was actually a boat.

Then, after some time, I rowed my little boat into deeper water.

There were great storms, mighty winds, tremendous waves, and sometimes I felt so alone.

But I have noticed my little rowboat is now a mighty ship manned by my friends and loved ones; and beautiful calm seas, warm sunny days, and nights filled with comfortable dreams always double after a storm.

Now, I could never go back and sit on the bank.

In fact, I search for deeper water.

Such is life when lived.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...