Today is thanksgiving in the states. We don't celebrate that here in Malaysia.
I would like very much to have turkey and stuffing and pumpkin pie and other traditional goodies served during thanksgiving which I am not privy to.
I would love to also walk through mounds of gold, russet, red and brown leaves and marvel at the trees shading their clothes ready for winter which is just around the corner.
Photos of NY in Autumn have got me gawking and I sincerely hope that there will come a day when I can walk through NY and marvel at this sight and breathe in the autumny air.
The rain is falling and I am loving the sound the rain makes as it falls from the Heavens and hits the attap roofs and the ground making all these different sounds that calm me. A friend recommended that B and I do the following:
Be it in the car or in a roofed place, just sit with each other, together and in private....to listen to the rain falling from the Heavens, speaking a little in between or just letting the rain sing to you...and let that be your sound for the entire duration thereof.
And I think I will take her up on that offer *smiles* Thanks Gen.
I have think I posted twice on Martha's blog for Project Thankful and although I can't possibly capture everything that I am thankful for right now, here are some that of the things that come to mind:
- My family no matter how whacky and annoying they are, is probably one of the bestest things in my life. We are all friends and our bond and support for each other is heaps strong. In today's world of divorce, fighting and estrangement, I am blessed and thankful that I have both parents in a happy marriage and that we are all on talking terms and more. Having dinner with my whole family is still awesome and all of us jumping on my parents bed talking together is probably the best thing ever.
- B has always been a big part of my life and more so now that we are engaged. He has always been a good friend to me and now, as we grow closer, I am blessed to have someone to care for me and to love me through all the ups and downs in life.
- Although my job is not a really high powered or high paying one for that matter, I am glad that I have a job and that the salary I earn helps us to live a comfortable life. Due to the economic crisis so many people are left jobless and there are so many people out there who are just struggling to survive much less live a life of comfort.
- Belly came into our lives so suddenly and although she is two handfuls at times and she is not a very obedient dog, she is the best doggle in the whole world. Our lives would be less colourful without Belle and she is such an important part of my family now. As I type this post, Belly is curled up on the floor with her new flannel pink blanket. She seems to like it very much.
- Am glad that I have the God has provided me with the talents to talk to most people, to write and to have some crafty ideas. I am glad that He has provided me with good friends to share my journey, a job that I enjoy doing and a near happy ever after.
There are heaps more things to be thankful for. It would take me too long to write them all done and it is a never ending list I believe for that is much to be thankful each day. Anyways, it is late, I best be off to bed. It's Friday tomorrow and the weekend beckons. Am off to Singapore for the weekend to enjoy the lights and shopping!!! See, another thing to be thankful for *smiles smiles smiles*