Friday, January 14, 2011

two things today

Two things today:

1. The mystery of the chocolates has been solved. One of the business units decided to give me a ‘thank you’ box of chocolates for my help during their brainstorming sessions and my my my, they were really uber delicious chocolates. There were only six pieces of chocolates in this exquisite brown box – dark, milk and white chocolate goodness mixed together with crunchy roasted slices of almonds {Alas, I did not have a camera with me so there aren’t any photo of said chocolates in the pretty box – what a pity}. I ate 3 of the chocolates {and gave 3 to my colleagues} and now I feel like a fat blimp but it’s so worth it. It was a mouthful of goodness!!!

2. MY carefully planned meeting for the communications managers in my company was canceled as there were too many dropouts. I felt deflated because all the heart work I had planned was wasted and I also felt hugely embarrassed when I had to call the speaker and inform him that the meeting was cancelled 15 minutes before he was due to arrive! *grumbles* I hate this part of my job. Organizing events and gatherings and no one attending them. It’s like a waste of my time and effort and I feel that my enthusiasm is slowly ebbing today. I am hoping it picks up soon.

Anyways, am off to celebrate and enjoy the weekend ~ tea with a girlfriend, a Tex-Mex dinner with friends and a wedding at a snazzy new hotel in the city! I can’t wait.

Remember: "Hoarding & Collecting is not a crime. It is an art!"

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...