Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The Pink Bug

Honeysuckle ~ Pantone 18-2120 TCX 
is the colour of the year for 2011.

I have been meaning to write about this new colour 
since I first read it on Yahoo News (I think)  
and finally I have the time to do so. 

To be honest, when I think of Honeysuckle, I think of yellow. A nice bronzey with a slight hint of gold to it... not a type of pink. Nevertheless, after having realised that Honeysuckle is pink, I am in love with it. Isn't it just awesome? I am so incorporating this into my colour scheme for my wedding which even though is in 2012, will surely look every bit as gorgeous. Doesn't help that I have been bitten by the Pink Bug and have started liking all things pink.

When I was younger, I liked pink heaps and had several pink dresses (what comes to mind is a Kiko bright pink filly slightly puffy dress - bordering fuchsia - which my folks bought me for my 7th birthday) but when I got slightly older, pink became uncool and black was in. I wore black and dark colours for ages because it made me appear slimmer... and then slowly but surely these past two years, I have been opening up more to colours. Not only pink, but turquoise, tiffany blues (kinda like turquoise), red, greens, yellows and purples.

However, I seem to strangely gravitate to pink. I now have a bright pink leather coin purse, a pink bag, pink lipstick, a pink cookie jar, two pink pashminas, a new pink diary (will blog about this soon) and heaps more pretty pink things.


On her blog, the Decorologist, in her post about the colour of the year has a quote from 
Pantone’s Leatrice Eiseman which says the following, 
“In times of stress, we need something to lift our spirits. Honeysuckle is a captivating, stimulating color that gets the adrenaline going – perfect to ward off the blues.”
I read several other sites that carry quotes
 from Pantone about their selection this year:
“Honeysuckle derives its positive qualities from a powerful bond to its mother color red, the most physical, viscerally alive hue in the spectrum.” and 
Courageous. Confident. Vital. A brave new color, for a brave new world. Let the bold spirit of Honeysuckle infuse you, lift you and carry you through the year. It’s a color for every day – with nothing “everyday” about it.”


For an interseting read about the other colours that were contending for the colour of the year, read The Stylist's article here. To view the said contending colours, visit Pantone's site here to see these lovely colours. I for one am heaps happy that Honeysuckle is the colour for 2011 though the Silver Peony colour is pretty too 
*smiles smiles smiles*

I leave you happily to feast your eyes on all things honeysuckle pink...

Source: Borrowed and Bleu
Source: My Personal Artist
Source: Get Going Girl
Source: Pink Frenchie
Source: Apartment Therapy 
Source: Get Going Girl
Source: Apartment Therapy
Source: The Green Door
















1 comment:

kristie@thedecorologist said...

thanks for mentioning The Decorologist in your post. i agree with you: hoarding and collecting is an art! merry Christmas!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...