Wednesday, December 01, 2010

December is here!!

“It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas
Ev'rywhere you go;
Take a look in the five and ten glistening once again
With candy canes and silver lanes aglow.
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas
Toys in ev'ry store
But the prettiest sight to see is the holly that will be
On your own front door.”


We started listening to Christmas carols on the way to work today and I felt like ditching work and going to do something fun instead, like window shopping, Christmas decoration scoping, reading, Christmas card making and etc… basically anything non-work related! *snickers*

The impromptu trip to Singapore was.. a jumble of emotions ranging from happiness, annoyance, joy, tiredness, anger, frustration, exhilaration, all Christmasy, hopeful and a whole lot of other emotions. Let’s say my patience needs improving and I need to be more accepting of the way people behave. After all, as someone mentioned to me, I may be difficult to be with in my own way.

Orchard Road and Marina Bay was elegantly decked with mostly white and blue shimmery lights which looked sophisticated. I kinda like the reindeer and more fun approach to the decorations last year, or could it be that things are just funner when B is around? {Photos of Singapore will be up in due course... or maybe after the Bali ones which I have a couple more posts to do}.

It would be awesome if Belle could stay still whilest I took
her photo. However, chances are is that she would runaround
with the Santa's hat or rip it up and chew on it happily!
I lost $200 and I hope that the person who finds the cash really needs it and makes good use of it – I tell myself that God had His reasons for this happening. Losing the cash made my spirits low and I had an argument with  my mum which sort of fizzled out whatever Christmas spirit I had but I feel angry at myself for not being patient and I hope to make it up to her somehow. My uncle also passed away yesterday due to kidney failure. Sadness in a time of joy and celebration… and I am torn between wanting to rejoice and have fun (my whole December is choc-a-bloc full with activities) and forget the sadness and misery around us but its hard… my heart and prayers goes out to my aunty and two cousins. May U.Gerad’s soul rest in peace.

So, I have been trying to accumulate the Christmas spirit again little by little and am trying to make this December, the last month of the season, 31 days till the 2011, as awesome as possible. Thanks to B who surprised me with one a gift from my wish list, a Starbucks tumbler with reindeers and a reindeer soft toy to accompany the reindeer tumbler.


I read on Martha’s blog about how to make DIY wreaths. I thought it looked quite fun to make though the wreath would cost heaps more than what I would have paid if I buy it from the shops due to the high cost of arts and crafts goods in Malaysia - bahhumbug! Click here to learn more about how to make your own DIY Christmas wreaths! 


So, till my next post, 
Happy first of December all!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...