Sunday, February 06, 2011

10 promises to my dog


My brother emailed me the "Interview With The Dog" {from A Place To Love Dogs} which was actually used in a movie titled "10 Promises To My Dog". "10 Promises to My Dog" (犬と私の10の約束 Inu to Watashi no 10 no Yakusoku) is a 2008 Japanese movie based on the book by Hare Kawaguchi and directed by Katsuhide Motoki











The plot revolves around a 12-year-old girl named Akari gets a puppy and names it Socks {see photos above from the movie}. She loves Socks and spends practically every moment with him. However, as she gets older she's able to spend less and less time with him, due to a busy life and having to move away. She leaves socks with a childhood friend but eventually she's reminded of the promises she made to him as a child.

When I watched the movie last year I believe, I thought it was kind of draggy but it was a heartwarming story and some tissues were involved. I would recommend it for dog lovers {don't worry it has English subs}.


Most times I find it very challenging to own a dog. When Belle misbehaves {by either chewing on slippers, undergarments she has stolen from the clothes bucket, jumping on the sofas, chewing on the sofa and cabinets or any one of her antics}, I usually the get the brunt of the scoldings which make me annoyed but it's really my fault for not being a good enough trainer. 


Then there are times when I don't spend much time with Belle. Working all day and coming home after dinner doesn't quite leave me much time to hangout with Belle and I feel guilty. There are times when no one is able to  come home to give Belle her dinner and I get the yelling at as well even though it is not my fault. 


The only fault would be that I bought Belle and brought her home, saving her from a life that I can only hope is not as good as the one we are giving her. There is no shortage of love for this beagle in this home. It just makes me sad to know that the day I leave my home {I will be living in a condo which does not allow us to keep dogs - sniff!}, may be the day that my parents decide to sell Belle though I doubt they would do it since Belle has lodged herself deeply in our hearts. I can only hope that they keep her, protect her and love her still. If not, I would have failed this Beagle.

For today though, I don't think I can live up to all 10 promises though I really will treasure every moment {the ones that don't involve her misbehaving that is} and love Belle like there is no tomorrow. She certainly deserves it!




Remember: "Hoarding & Collecting is not a crime. It is an art!" 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...