Thursday, August 12, 2004

My Girl Friends

I have honestly never had many girlfriends. I am not sure why but I used to envy those bunches of girls that used to hang out all the time. Sure I had my group as well, many groups at that, but some how I never really opened myself up to them, mainly out of fear or perhaps I was just too wary and careful in my own little way. I guess I find it difficult in some ways to talk to girls cos they seem to judge you even before they know your whole story and tend to be more competitive of everything. It really bugs me about that. Perhaps that is why I tend to have more guy friends than girl friends. People thinks that I am 'gatal' but I guess I have come to this stage where I don't hear what others say anymore cos there is always bound to be one person who will condemn me for nothing in particular that I have done.

Thankfully I have got quite a number of them wonderful girl friends now. Really wonderful people whom I can call at any hour of the night to moan and bitch about how unfair life is or how ugly and shitty I look that particular day and stress about the way things have turned out. It is to them that I reveal all the little shitty details of my life that to my guy friends seem totally insignificant and albeit trivial. "I love you" said the Possum (in no way is that related to what I wanted to stress about the wonders of girl friends)

But think about it really, who can stand talking on the phone for a good 3 hours about the injustice of life and the "difficult" days we have thanks to bad hair days and pimple outbreaks. Who can go on and on about why "guys are just like thatlah..." and complain and site numerous examples of girls in simillar situations. Those nights listening as we bitch and ponder about God or about life is also very eye opening, those conversations about sex and many accompanying tales of related topics also make me smile now as I recall them.

So this brings me back to the topic of my Girl Friends.. what can I say? Even if they live a few continents away, they live near my house or if I only see them once in a really blue moon, it doesn't matter..... they are really wonderful people who not only love you because of your eccenticities, your snorts, the way you can make silly jokes when they cry thus forcing them to laugh but because they understand you and care for you nontheless. They are the type to call when you need to unload, to bug you with SMS' about what happened until you finally give in and tell them what "really happened", to loan you money when you really need to buy something, to send you wicked emails, send you really funny cards on seemingly normal days, give you surprise gifts, leave flowers in your post box because you needed cheering up and a whole lot of things that my wonderful guy friends will never do just because they are men.

It is almost feeding time and I should stop typing.. and proceed to read again whilst I wait for the fooods (am at Possums again), my parents are working late again. Dearest, girl friends of mine, thank you from the bottom of my heart for being there, for listening, for the laughs, for the rides, for the smiles and thoughtfulness.. if you sometimes feel that I don't really appreciate you all and favor the guys more than you all, I apologize but you are sorely mistaken. There are so many things that they will never come close to sharing with me. I love you all and can't wait to see you all again. Life is all taking us down different roads and most of you all are working already, but know that no matter what I will be here for you just as I am sure you will be there for me when I need you all. Miss you all heaps. So here is a whole load of huggssss and kissessss (the normal ones of course) from me to you all.... XOXOXO, God bless and Angels watch over you..



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

get a life

*Dream Weaver* said...

Dear Anonymous, Thank you for your constutive comment and yes.. Am trying to get a life. I guess you are really sucessful in yours, good on you.

Jin said...

Lol... ouch that gotta hurt..hehehe

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...