Tuesday, August 03, 2004

+ In My Shoes +

Just for one day, can you step into my shoes?
Can you live the life I lead?
Can you heal and mend this heart of mine that bleeds?
Just for one hour, can you step into my shoes?
Can you see the pain and misery?
Can you help build my life again and save my family?
Just for one minute, can you step into my shoes?
Can you see all around me the death, disaster and starvation?
Can you give me something to eat, awake the dead and send me medication?
Just for one minute, can you step into my shoes?
Can you hear the screams I hear?
Can you feel the pain I feel?
Can you taste this empty hunger?
Can you stop those that maim and kill?
Can you stop to think and ponder
About all this abounding horror?
Can you please...
Please step in my shoes and know how I feel
And if you can't pray that we will find a Savior......

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...