Friday, March 18, 2011

Far beyond the starry sky

Today is the memorial for Dane in Temora and 
I wish I could be there with my host family 
and my friends to bid him farewell.
But I am here, stuck in the office 
wondering and imagining how it would be like.

So since I am here and can’t say the words, 
I will send my words in the form of a prayer to my 
host family, Dane’s friends and to Maija.

I pray that they be comforted with the knowledge 
that he is in a better place waiting for all of us one day. 
I pray that they be consoled and that 
they have the strength to carry on with their lives 
with pieces of Dane in their hearts always. 
I pray that there will be helping hands 
and caring shoulders and outstretched arms 
to comfort them on days 
when the pain is great and hearts ache
 for his friendship, his smile, 
his laughter, his words. 
I pray for love not to replace 
but to heal broken hearts. I pray for all this.

“Soon He's coming back to welcome me,
Far beyond the starry sky!
I shall wing my flight to worlds unknown
I shall reign with Him on high!”

Rest in peace dearest Dane Eaton.
You will be forever in our hearts.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...