Saturday, August 04, 2007

THE Sweetest Escape

It comes as no surprise to many that I have resigned from my job *hoorah hoorah* (does victory dance), after all I was never ecstatic to be there in the first place and it was a matter of time before I actually called it quits. A minuscule part of me (smacks self for even saying this) feels that perhaps I should have stayed there longer, to acquire more knowledge or whatever it is I was acquiring in the first place… but it seemed that the more I stayed there the unhappier and more irritated and tired I felt.

Anyways, the boiling point came when I got yet another nasty email from my senior, which was really uncalled for and irrelevant . So without thinking much about it, I requested to speak to my boss and informed her of my intentions to leave. Needless to say she was shocked and so was everyone else when they found out. Some of my colleagues knew that I was unhappy, I mean we all were unhappy but never did do anything about it… but I guess I had enough of all the nonsense that was going on and decided to bail. After all, talking and bitching about something was never going to change it.

So NOW it’s finally done. My last day is on the 27th of August 2007… anyone wants to party wants to celebrate the sweetest escape with me?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Since the news of my leaving my job, several people have voiced their opinion… that I am crazy and irrational for not securing a job before I leave the current one. Its not a *Dream Weaver* thing to do after all they say. I suppose they are right. Its not a *Dream Weaver* thing to do… to just up and leave without having a back-up plan.

Once upon a time, I used to plan everything and knew what I wanted to do and where I was heading to, but… lately I feel a little lost and to be honest, I don’t quite feel like jumping into the rat race so soon.

I don’t feel like climbing up the stupid corporate ladder and kiss some fugly bosses ass or kowtow to the fecking pecking order.

I don’t want to be a fecking millionaire by the time I am 30 and I don’t want to retire in five years time.

It’s just NOT what I want to do…

I bet you will be thinking… “So what does she want to do then?”

Well to be honest… I don’t quite know.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Don’t worry; I have got some form of a back-up plan. I am freelancing for a few mags whilst I look for a job and am taking my time scouting for a job that will suit me. I want to read my novels, smile a little more, do my arts and crafts and just LIVE a little more than I used to.

Somehow these days, I realize that although money is important and essential, it can’t buy me the happiness, joy and peace that I am searching for and which seem to have depleted since I started working. Since leaving, I feel as if a burden has been released. I know that in time I have to “wake up and smell the wretched coffee, etc., etc.” but while there is still time and there is still enough cash in the bank for me to live off… this is what I will do.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I believe that the world conspires to bring us the things we desire and I truly believe that in time I find a job that is meant for me… in the meantime for those well meaning friends of mine who offer me jobs and advice, thanks for the help * hugs * (but for those of you who are constantly giving me advice about getting back into the idiot rat race, please do LAY OFF! before I give you a Rodriguez to shut you up)

P.S: I was offered to work in BURSA and was quite happy about it until I found out what the job entails and decided that it was not my thing at the moment.

P.P.S: My current company has asked me to stay back for awhile as a part-timer to help out with the accounts. I said I would consider it and wait to see the new package they are offering me. I hope they are going to pay much better than what they are paying me now which is the by the way according to many people… quite pathetic. Their mouths gape wide when I reveal the measly sum and offer to foot the bill for the meal we are having. So donations are most welcome in the form of invitations to the movies, food, money and arts and crafts supplies. A trip to Australia is even more welcome *smiles*

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

P.P.P.S: I was offered to work for this lifestyle magazine (its quite a crap mag to be honest) as well. It sounded like an interesting job (the job scope and etc. as I was going to be given the task of revamping the mag as well as doing A&P for it) but when they asked for my current pay and I told them the pitiful amount, the women said “WAH so high ah?” I in turn said “No. Its actually pretty low.” To which she replied… “Ohhhh…”

I figured they couldn’t afford to pay me half of what I was going to ask for… so changing her tactics and tone she said, “*Dream Weaver*, we are actually a small company (minutes before she was boasting about all the things that they did and how BIG they are) so I don’t think we can afford youlah.” I said okay and thanked her for her time and she said she would call me if something else came up… hmmm… I am not going to waiting for her call.

Oh well what a waste… I would have revamped the mag to be something brilliant (or so I would like to think) *snickers*

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
*CHEERS* to The Sweetest Escape I have ever made!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...