Thursday, November 15, 2012

she remembers

Sometimes the concept of time eludes me.
I try to fathom time and space and its overwhelming.
I should try to stop finding answers to 
questions that I don't even know.
I sound confused right now and to a certain extent I am.
I am torn between principles and wants.
I am taking frequent trips down memory lane with the aid of
music from the past and I remember.
I remember feelings, not memories specifically 'cos
some things are best not brought to the surface.
I do remember the taste of salt on my lips.
I do remember lying on my bed curled up into a ball, 
with a heart that seemed to fragile,
a heart that was maimed and shredded into
ribbons that was tossed by the wind. 
I remember the ache that came with a crushed heart.
I read the words and I hear the words and I remember.
I remember the promises made, the promises broken.
I remember much and yet it seems I have forgotten more.
These are just jumbled thoughts of an overworked me
who lacks sleep and who has pent up words and 
thoughts in her mind.
I will leave you with an old song 'Vindicated' by
Dashboard Confessionals. I remember.

"Hope dangles on a string
Like slow spinning redemption
Winding in and winding out
The shine of it has caught my eye
And roped me in
So mesmerizing, so hypnotizing
I am captivated..."




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...