Friday, June 01, 2012

The Most Beautiful Bookstores in The World

I have always loved reading books. When I younger, I used
to reread the books my parents got me. I never had many
classics, mostly Enid Blyton's and fairy tales but they were
enough for me. I lost myself in this marvelous world and 
never looked back. Instead, as I grew older, I read more
and more and more and at the same time, I acquired more 
and more books so much so that I doubt I will ever have
the time to read all the books I have bought which is sad
sad thing indeed. 

As I was surfing the interweb, I read a post from a friend of
and could not resist to browse that article. And as you can
tell, I could not help but sharing this lovely photos of some
of these beautiful bookstores ~ click their article to read 
about all 20 bookstores. God willing, I will be able to
see some in my lifetime *smiles smiles*

And let's hope that one day, Malaysian's will be able
to have such amazing bookstores too. 
We can certainly hope!

A gorgeous converted Dominican church 
gives the power of reading its due diligence.
 Selexyz Bookstore, Maastricht, Holland.

Stairs as reading and display areas, the wall-to-wall bookshelves, 
and a simple, clean design. Plural Bookshop, Bratislava, Slovakia

Modern design at its finest in a store full of art books. 
The Bookàbar Bookshop, Rome, Italy.
*Perhaps I shall visit this place soon*

This divine neo-gothic bookstore, opened in 1906, 
contains what we consider to be the ultimate 
definition of a stairway to heaven. 
Livraria Lello, Porto, Portugal

Somehow, this bookstore manages to be both 
whimsical and slightly macabre all at once. 
Cook & Book, Brussels, Belgium


This majestic converted 1920s movie palace uses 
theatre boxes for reading rooms and draws 
thousands of tourists every year. 
Librería El Ateneo Grand Splendid, Buenos Aires, Argentina 

This is a bookstore that seems to be made 
almost entirely out of books — down to its dramatic front doors. 
Livraria da Vila, Sao Paulo, Brazil.

For those who like their green spaces (and coffee shops) 
to invade their bookstores. 
Cafebreria El Pendulo, Mexico City, Mexico


For those browsers not as impressed by architecture 
as they are by the beauty of books upon books 
upon books in narrow hallways — not to 
mention a place to nap. Shakespeare & Company, Paris, France.
*Perhaps I shall visit this bookstore too*

We’re suckers for rounded ceilings and 
decorative lighting. Barter Books, Alnwick, UK.
*Read more about Barter Books here*

How could any kid (or adult, for that matter) 
resist those delicious reading nooks? 
Poplar Kid’s Republic, Beijing, China

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...