Monday, August 29, 2011

Wanderlust...


wan·der·lust

  [won-der-luhst]  Show IPA
noun a strong, innate desire to rove or travel about.
Origin: 
1850–55; 
German,  equivalent to wander n to wander  +Lust  desire; see lust




I have once again been hit by the feeling of wanderlust. 
Wanderlust.
Such a romantic word it is. 
Wanderlust. 
Can you just feel the words rolling off your tongue? 
It’s like magic.
Wan-der-lust.
Can you taste the adventure, the great unknown,
the romance, the immense world of possibility? 

The feeling this time is stronger.
It's the feeling of possibilities.
Of something out there,
though not too far away.
It beckons.
Reachable.
Waiting.

I feel as if I can grasp it, touch it,
feel it, taste it, smell it.
It smells like sunshine and grass after the rain.
It feels like butterflies wings on my skin.
It feels like soft sand between my feet,
like grass in my hair and waves licking my toes.
It feels like soothing wind, filling me up,
twirling me around and then
letting me go gently while I land on my two feet…
I see snapshots of colour, rainbow like, picturesque.
It tastes of ripe sweet sticky oranges and lemon meringue,
of bittersweet chocolate and cotton candy on sticks.
It sounds like laughter, of joy, of smiles, of life.
A concoction of everything loved and so much more.


Wanderlust.
Wanderlust.
Wanderlust.

To see some of my wanderlust hopes, visit


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...