Friday, May 06, 2005

In Between Books...

I haven't done much today, which is bad, cos I should be doing loads of things... yet I can't seem to find the motivation or the drive to do anything. The whole project is not going well, the deadlines are looming, the assignments are waiting for their attention, the pile of letters have yet to be replied... *sniff* I just need some sort of energy and love of life like that I once had. I am now like a zombie I tell you... so sad... so sad... tsk tsk!

Going to the orchestra tomorrow and I hope its good. Maybe will stop at Kinokuniya but then again I should resist the tempation to do so... zilch in my wallet! OH well... hope the Possum will remember to bring a scoop of Heaven soon... Jamoca Almond Fudge... =)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Anyways, am in the middle of reading 2 books. Firstly there is the book that Peggy lent me Dan Browns "Angels and Demons". Its so addictive I tell you... I keep telling myself one more chapter... just one more... and its like 6 chapters later!
Then there is the Chronicles of Narnia by C.S Lewis. I am at the 2nd last story which is "The Silver Chair". The stories are good but alittle simple not as elaborate as Tolkein.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
On the table sits the Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy waiting and craving for my attention. Will start on that after I am done with "Angels and Demons".

Just want to go on a long holiday really. I feel out of sorts again. I feel happy yet not really. I don't feel sad... I feel alittle empty... Not sure really. I have almost everything I need... yet its not enough, because if it was enough I wouldn't be feeling like this. I just feel like sleeping and sleeping and reading and just not be worried or hassled about real life... sigh!!! At the moment I am just going to concentrate on the books... the books... and maybe tomorrow I will deal with real life... YEAH!!! I ignorance is bliss for now...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Angels and Demons & The Chronicles of Narnia are both on my to read list... Am reading John Steinbeck's East of Eden right now, and i'm really slow, since i have lots of work to do too!!
How i'd love to do what you're doing... just sit and read and let real life deal with itself until i'm done with the book!! *sigh* i envy your nonchalance...

*Dream Weaver* said...

East of Eden was on Oprahs Book club. wanted to buy it but there were others on the list which has first place. (tell me how it goes!) Am almost done with Angels and Demons - pretty good.

Me sitting here and reading and doing what I love to do and letting real life deal with itself is wonderful, utter bliss. Once it is over you find yourself in complete chaos where I am in now... my nonchalance will be the death of me Germ... *sigh*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...