Sunday, May 30, 2004

Wondering In Silence..

I would like to run barefoot in the sand
To feel the course rough grains underneath my feet
The wind will whip my hair all about

After some time I will stop at the waters edge
And grab wet lumps of sand in my hand
Throw them in the air and watch them disappear in the sea
Wondering in silence, when I am gone would anyone remember me?

I would like to dance in the rain
To feel the raindrops pelting my skin
The wet drops falling from the Heavens

After some time I lie on my back and watch them fall
I wave my hands in a star struck way and try to catch them with glee
But I see them fall and disappear slowly into the earth
Wondering in silence, when I am gone would anyone remember me?

So in the silence I wonder, will anyone remember me?
Will they say that I was some great beauty,
A poet, a person who had plenty,
A helper, a friend, a comforter,
A lover of stickers, comics and books,
A tomboy, an artist, someone with all the looks,
A schizophrenic, a lover, a joker,
An alcoholic, a person full of laughter,
A leader, a daughter, a painter,
A shoulder to cry on or maybe someone you could always rely on?
And then the silence is broken and my moment of wondering is gone…



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...