Thursday, October 16, 2008

My 1 Year Anniversary

It’s been a year since I joined The Bank.

I can’t believe it! A whole year since I have sat at this very cubicle doing all sorts of work. I remember being asked to go for the interview at The Bank. ME, work in such a bank much less a chingchong bank such as this? NO WAY! What's more, I hate numbers and economics... Banking and Finance, so NOT me.

But then, Sunshine said that I should go, to just see what it was like and who knows I might like what the offer. I remember arriving late for my interview and was drenched in sweat. I remember meeting my CL my boss and thinking to myself that she had nice undergarments on. I remember rattling on about heaven knows what and I remember thinking that it wouldn’t be too bad working here. An hour or so later, they called me to tell me I got the job and that I had to revert on my interest in 2 days time… I would start almost immediately. So I said yes simply because they offered me what I wanted, the benefits were pretty good and I was to get almost free rein over the department. I remember my folks were also super happy to hear about my job at The Bank. They always harbored dreams that I would join The Bank.

A year down the road and I wonder if it was worth it. I hardly took any time off this year - I have 15 and a ½ days left of leave. Work took up so much of me and I had to and still have to work with v.difficult people and yet surprisingly enough I find myself liking what I do. I don’t drag my feet to work every morning (although there are days when I just wish I could stay in bed the whole day) unlike how it was at the hovel previously. I continuously think of new ideas and ways to make my department more manageable, organized and efficient though its hard with me being the only one around… hahaha. Sometimes, I can’t believe its only been a year but the marked days off the calendar tell me that yes, it is one year.

Well, work has honestly came me sane. Through breakups, blowups, fedups and everything in between, work has always been my constant. In a way, it’s kinda sad to even write that… but with work I know pretty much what to do and where I fit in… but with life and the great big world out there, I don’t quite know where I fit in and where I belong.


Yeah, I am in sorta new phase in my life again...
A phase that is risky, exciting, scary, euphoric and pretty much a combination of emotions as most new phases/things are. I don’t know how things might turn out to be, but I think its going to be a good one.

So here’s to one year at The Bank and to a new phase in my life. To all the people that have played such an instrumental role in my life at The Bank, a big big thank you. For rides to and from work, for breakfasts, lunches, teas, dinners, after dinner drinks, parties over the weekend, trips to shopping centres, waterfalls, just chilling out, super long emails. chats on the phone and just being friends... a big big thanks *smiles smiles smiles*

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...