Saturday, December 24, 2016

My 8th One Little Word...

2010 was a year of "Coming Home"… Coming Home to God. Coming Home to the ones who love me. Coming Home to where I belong. Coming Home to my own.

2011 was a year of Preparation”... a year of building foundations. A year of preparing to grow up, preparing to fly, preparing to take big steps, preparing for big changes, preparing to be a wife, preparing to speak out, preparing to capture my dreams with two hands. 

2012 was a grand year of “Exploring” new places, a new relationship as a married person, exploring feelings, exploring ideas and so much more.

2013 was a year to “Create”. Creating memories, creating a business, creating a home, creating an improved DW, creating handmade, creating ways to help others who are less fortunate, creating new and lasting friendships and creating new adventures.

2014 was all about challenging myself to have a life filled with “Joy” and we had the best gift of our very own Sophia Joy.

2015 was a year to “Grow” all areas of my life, growing relationships with God, my husband, my family and friends , growing Hearts & Crafts, watching SJ grow, and growing my collection of happy moments.

2016 was when I needed to “Balance” – an even distribution of weight enabling someone to remain upright and steady. Balance all aspects of my life, relationships with God, family, husband, daughter, pet, friends, colleagues and community, my passions and myself.

For my 8th year, 2017, participating in Ali Edwards #OLW movement [don't quite know how to catagorise this}, the word came so easily and naturally to me. In fact, when I was in Melbourne, Australia walking and browsing alone, I wondered to what word I would choose for the coming year. And I thought about what I wanted from the coming year, I wondered what it had in store for me and then the word came to me “Thrive”. I saw it a few more times in books, on cards, on posters…

To “Thrive” is to bloom, abound, flourish, develop, shine, grow, radiate, arrive, succeed, prosper, increase, bear fruit, get ahead, blossom, boom, progress… Such a rich word with so much meaning and depth.

So 2017 will be this, a year to Thrive. #OLW2017
I am already looking forward to it!
*smile smile*  *grin grin* 

Image from Live.Thrive.Love

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...