Monday, October 19, 2009

I just wonder

I wonder how many tears and bruises you need before your heart is truly broken.
I wonder how many times you can listen to the words before they numb you completely.
I wonder how many times you need to say the words so that you can believe in them.
I wonder how many times you need to curl and rock yourself, chanting over and over again that everything is going to be all right before things really do turn out alright.
I wonder about forevers. I wonder about words. I wonder about love. I wonder about how much a heart can hold. I wonder about sharing. I wonder about jealously. I wonder about death. I wonder about hope. I wonder about lies. I wonder about the truth. I wonder about sacrifices. I wonder about promises. I wonder about the future. I wonder about rainbows. I wonder about the dreams I weave.
I wonder...
I just wonder.
For the heart and tongue deceives even the most discerning and wise and we are disillusioned to see the things that are not truly there. Sometimes, we need to wake up, sit up, pay attention and see things as they really are and see yourself for what you are... In my case, nothing really much.
I wonder why it took me so long to see all this and to feel all this.
I wonder...
I just wonder.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...