Saturday, February 24, 2007

So Now...

This year…
I lacked the huge surprise bouquet of flowers…
I lacked the fancy luxurious dinner in KL…
I lacked the packages upon packages of surprises.

But then…
The flowers I received that day wilted,
The taste of the lavish food I ate, long forgotten…
The packages holding secrets now opened… torn.
The contents strewn about, lost… ancient history.

This year…
Though there is no array of fragrant blooms,
The scent of you is enough.
Though there is no over-priced fancy food,
There are special home cooked meals,
Chosen, prepared and served with love.
The packages of before can’t seem to compare
To the abundance of joy you bring to me everyday
In the form of your smiles, your laughter, your words,
Your thoughts, your hugs, your kisses, your touch…

So, now…
I know I am happy.
I feel content.
I have the Sunshine shining upon me,
I have you beside me.

I have everything I could possibly need.
XOXOXOXO

~ Happy Anniversary Da ~

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...